Dear [Sir / Ma’am],
Subject: Complaint against sexual harassment at the workplace as per Section 9(1) of Sexual
H arassment of Woman at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
- I am currently working as [a/ an] [●] [mention the capacity in which you are working] in the organization mentioned above.
- This is to inform you that I have been subjected to certain instances of sexual harassment at the workplace, which is described below:
- [Insert dates and the event/series of events and actions which in your opinion constitute sexual harassment. Describe the events briefly. Clearly mention the name and designation of the perpetrator]
- I strongly believe that the above-mentioned act(s), constitutes “sexual harassment” as per Section 2(n) of Sexual Harassment of Woman at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- This has been an extremely disturbing incident for me. I request you to commence an inquiry into the matter and take all necessary measures that are prescribed under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and under the organization’s policy to ensure that my grievance is adequately redressed.
- I possess certain evidence with me pertaining to the incident, which I can furnish upon request – it may help the committee in conducting the inquiry.6
- The incident has made me feel unsafe in the current working environment – therefore, I will request you to kindly [grant me leave for [●] days / transfer me to another office] [you can request a specific measure] an interim measure, pending completion of the inquiry, or grant me any other suitable interim measure, as the [Internal Complaints Committee / Local Complaints Committee] [choose as applicable] feels appropriate.
- [I hereby state that the incident occurred at a place which does not have an Internal Complaints Committee and within the territorial jurisdiction of the Local Complaint Committee, and hence got the jurisdiction to initiate and conduct inquiry proceedings under the Act.] [Insert this paragraph in case the complaint is made before an LCC]
- Kindly intimate me with the response of the Committee. I request and expect you to maintain the utmost confidentiality. I shall be grateful for your consideration of the matter.
[Insert your name and designation