Are you resigning your job? Whether you are leaving your job to look out for better opportunities or changing your profession, writing a resignation letter is a formal protocol that must be followed. Here is a guide to write a resignation letter that formalizes the reasons for your departure.
A resignation letter is a short letter formally advising your employer that you are leaving your job. A resignation letter can help you maintain a positive relationship with your old employer by leaving with a strong and positive final impression, while also paving the way for you afterward.
There could be thousands of reasons for a person to leave their current job, maybe because they have found a good opportunity or they may not be happy with their current job. But whatever may be the reason for the same, your resignation letter shouldn’t have any grudges against anyone.
- The resignation letter should be as polite as possible and shouldn’t contain any harsh words towards the company or for any particular person because of no matter what, that company has given you significant experience and help you pay your bills.
- So, whenever you think of writing a resignation letter, you should follow a proper resignation letter format so that it looks formal.
- In the resignation letter, you should include a couple of lines where you should thank your company and teammates because of whom you have reached here.
- A perfect format of writing a resignation letter is the one in which you include your valid points stating why you have decided to leave a company.
- The resignation letter must contain a valid reason as to why you’re leaving the company.
- The resignation letter format that you are following should be clear as a crystal.
- The resignation letter format should be considered as guidelines and you should strictly adhere to while writing the letter.
- Your resignation letter should contain the position you’re resigning from so that it will be easy for the company to search for your replacement.
- Plus, you must always serve your notice period as it would help you as well as the organization for your smooth transition.
- Last but not the least, a formal thanks is a must to the organization as a gratitude towards the company who has given you a golden opportunity to learn new things and add skills to your resume.
What is a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is an official statement made by the author concerning the reason behind leaving the position held by him, in a company or firm.
Free Resignation Letter Format
I am writing this letter to tender my resignation from the position of Marketing Head. As per company policy, my last working date will be January 23, 2023.
It was not an easy decision to put down my papers however due to personal circumstances that need my unwavering attention, I have to relocate to be with my family.
Thank you for all the opportunities that you have provided me during the time I’ve spent with the company. I have enjoyed my work immensely, and I am grateful for all the support.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help make this transition easier for the company. I am fully committed until my last working date.
Job resignation letter template
Dear RECIPIENT NAME,
I am writing to announce my resignation as YOUR DESIGNATION from YOUR COMPANY NAME, effective on 22/04/2019.
I have fully enjoyed my stay with the company. I believe I have worked with the best team dedicated to the success of the company and would like to thank the company for the opportunities it has provided me in terms of personal and professional growth.
I wish you and the company all the best in the future. I am more than willing to assist in the smooth transition of my responsibilities to the new person assigned so please do not hesitate to ask.
Short Resignation Letter Template
I am writing to inform you that effective on June 4, 2023, I will be resigning from my post as Senior Editor from Inc Publications.
I am grateful for the opportunities and experiences that I have had during the time I spent with this company. Please let me know if I could be of any assistance during this time of transition.
All the best to you and the company in the future.
Doctor Resignation Letter Template
I am writing this letter as a formal notice of resignation from the position of Ophthalmologist. As per the current policy in force, my last working date will be on March 3, 2021
This is not an easy decision for me to make. I have grown so much in my trade at this hospital during my tenure here. I have had the honor of working along with some of the best doctors in the country.
It is with great regret that I ask you to accept this resignation letter. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to make a smooth transition, not only for the hospital but for my patients as well.
Thank you for your support and understanding, and I wish the department, as well as hospital success in the future.
BobOpthalmologist, Childcare hospital
Email Resignation Letter Template
Dear John Doe,
Due to current circumstances that I do not wish to disclose, I am writing you this email to inform you that I am regretfully resigning from my post as Marketing Manager for XYZ Corp effective April 01, 2020.
Thank you so much for all of the opportunities that you have granted me during my time in this company. Your guidance and support remain unparalleled. It is with sincerity that I express my gratefulness for the experiences which have helped me grow both professionally and personally as a person.
Please do not hesitate to inform me if I could be of any assistance during this transitionary period. I wish you all the best for your future endeavors.
Marketing Manager, XYZ Corp
Manager Resignation Letter Template
I am sorry to inform you that I will be resigning from my position as Manager for Springfield limited effective on March 4, 2021.
Thank you for all the opportunities that you have given me during my time at the company. I have truly appreciated the work that was put into the operations of this esteemed business. Please do inform me if there is anything I can do to help make the transition easier for my department.
Thank you for your kind understanding, and I wish the company success in its future endeavors.
Resignation Letter for Family Reasons
I am writing to inform you that due to family reasons, my circumstances compel me to give my time and full attention to my family, which will hinder me in fulfilling my responsibilities as Senior Associate for ADC Company. Please consider this as my official resignation letter. My last day in the company will be on 30th January
I am deeply sorry for causing any inconvenience. I have prepared a transition plan and will finish transitioning my project to the team leader.
Please know that I am completely thankful to the company for the support and the opportunities that it has provided me for the last 8 years. The company has given me the chance to work in an environment that helps me improve my skills and knowledge and provided me with an environment that makes it a pleasure to come to work. I will surely miss working for the company.
Senior Associate ADC Company
Resignation Letter Template Due to Health Issues
It is with great regret that I am sending this letter to inform you of my decision to resign from my position as Assistant Manager from Springfield limited.
While I am grateful for the opportunities that the company has given to me, I have noticed some problems with my health, which has been deteriorating because of the strain and stress I have been experiencing at work.
It is with my doctor’s advice that I have come to this conclusion, and will, therefore, vacate my position effective on March 5, 2021. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the transition of my duties to my colleagues
Thank you for your kind understanding, and I wish you all the best.
Assistant Manager, Springfield limited
Resignation Letter Template for Personal Reason
I am writing this letter to tender my resignation from the position of the Content Writer effective May 3, 2020.
It was not an easy decision however considering my current personal circumstances, it has become necessary for me to take a step back and address my personal front. I want to address the issues on the personal front before it spirals out of control. I am very thankful for the guidance, support, and opportunities that Global Indudtries has provided me. I am equally thankful to my mentors, supervisors, and colleagues for providing unconditional support.
It is with regret that I ask you to accept this resignation letter. Thank you for your understanding. My best wishes are with everyone at the company.
Content Writer, Global Indudtries
Professional Resignation Letter Template
Dear RECIPIENT NAME,
I am writing to inform you about my resignation as YOUR DESIGNATION from YOUR COMPANY NAME effective on 23/03/2019.
I would like to take this moment to thank you and the company for the personal and professional development opportunities that you have provided these past 3 years. I have truly enjoyed my stay with the company. I am also thankful for the support that I have received from my colleagues.
I am very willing to provide any assistance in terms of the transition for my responsibilities and as such. You can always contact me on YOUR PHONE NUMBER or mail me at YOUR EMAL ID.
Resignation Letter Do’s-
- Include the intent that you are leaving your job.
- Mention the last day you will be working and other details.
- Mention the name of your official position or designation.
- Express gratitude to the employer for having hired you.
- Make on offer of training the person who will be acquiring your position.
- Highlight your time as a worker there.
- Give well wishes to the company.
- Attach your contact info.
Resignation Letter Dont’s-
- Don’t be creative or sugarcoat things. Use simple and formal language.
- Don’t frame your letter in a language that expresses your experience with the organization as unsatisfying.
- Don’t mention that better wage is a reason for your departure.
- Don’t criticize your colleagues or boss in the letter.
- Don’t be uncertain about the date you will be leaving.
Tips to write a perfect resignation letter-
- Use simple and formal language and simple sentences.
- Don’t use complex sentence structure and heavy vocabulary words.
- Check out the format twice or thrice and plan your letter accordingly.
- Make bullet points of the things you want to mention in your letter.
- Don’t be over polite or too optimistic in language.
There are some formal protocols we need to follow while working in an organization. If you are leaving your job, the best way to notify your employer or company is a formal, well-structured resignation letter. So plan and write your letter in a way that it leaves a good impact on your former workplace even after you have left the job.